A Prodigal Daughter Comes Home

I did not realize how much I missed Cebu until I was back in its extra warm embrace.

Magellan's Cross reinforced

When I was younger I could not wait to get out of Cebu, finding its small town feel claustrophobic. I wanted to be anonymous in a big city, and I got what I wanted, but in all the cities I lived in, I never felt at home.

Harbor City Dimsum Steamed Fried Rice & Spring Rolls

Being away from Cebu for several years had me constantly craving its beaches, convenient public transportation and delicious yet inexpensive food. I missed family and friends, and the security of knowing they are just a text message or phone call away. So when the opportunity to come home and start a project here in the Queen City was given to me, I immediately grabbed it.

Aerial view of Cebu from my flight back home

Now that I am back, I realize the Cebu I came home to is not the Cebu I left, so much has changed but my love for this city feels the same. I cannot wait to revisit old favorites and discover new places, meet old friends and make new ones. All the time exploring what it really means to be a Cebuana today.





Comments